LEATHER OR FABRIC? Here’s the info you need to make a decision.
Buying a sofa in Singapore can be a daunting task when considering the variety of sofa materials, colours, styles and designs available. One of the most common dilemmas is deciding between a fabric sofa or leather sofa. This guide will weigh the benefits of each sofa type to help with your decision making process.
Benefits Of A Fabric Sofa
- Comfort: The soft fabrics provide a comfortable and warm seat to relax on. If you’re looking for somewhere to curl up on after a long day of work to enjoy those K-Dramas, then a fabric sofa is the way to go for sure.
- Care: Stains can be a nightmare with fabric sofas so be sure to pick and choose your fabric wisely. Here at Greyhammer, we provide water resistant fabric all the way from Belgium. While most sofa fabrics are specially treated for easy cleaning and stains removal, there is also the option of removable fabrics on sofas. This is actually the best solution when it comes to maintaining and cleaning of fabric sofas especially in Singapore where sofas are prone to moisture and sweat. Most of the fabric sofas at Greyhammer are removable.
- For pet owners, fabric sofas are much more resilient to scratch marks than leather.
- Choice of Patterns: Fabric offers a wider choice in terms of patterns and colours. From simple block colours to bright floral designs, they are perfect for the dreamer who likes to get creative with their living space.
- Price: Fabric is usually less expensive than leather. Price usually comes down to your choice of design, frame and other materials used. For those on a budget, fabric might be the right choice.
Benefits Of A Leather Sofa
- Style: Leather sofas give the room a sense of elegance that may be hard to replicate with a fabric sofa. If you are interested in a classy, traditional look, leather might be the right material for your new sofa.
- Hypoallergenic: Leather sofas are better for those that suffer from allergies as leather does not trap dust, pet hair, dust mites and other allergens the same way fabric sofas do.
- Easy to Clean: For families, a leather sofa can be perfect, as the surface is easy to wipe and cleans any spillage instantly. Leather only needs a quick clean once every few months to maintain its condition.
Now it is time to personalize! Keep these tips in mind when you’re making your selection and don’t forget to check out our range of high quality sofas that will last you for years to come.
Greyhammer Furniture Singapore offers customisable sofa with premium imported fabric and leather with hundreds of color options. Built with a kiln-dried hardwood frame for sturdiness and durability and removable covers, Greyhammer’s sofas are made for the everyday living.
To view Greyhammer’s full collection of leather and fabric sofa, head down to their showroom (link) or visit greyhammer.com.sg/categories/living-room